1. Establish and execute a strategic human resources plan for the Operations team in support of the overall business unit and corporate strategic direction.
2. Directly responsible for the Central Ops teams (Materials, Procurement, Quality, and Footprint/MDE), primarily working through the local plant HR leads to support plant activities for all global APL plants.
3. Serve as a trusted adviser to the VP, Global Operations for the APL BU, and balance both roles of a business partner and employee advocate for the Global Operations workforce.
4. Work with recruitment partners (both internal and external) in developing search strategies, candidate identification & selection and successful on-boarding activities.
5. Responsible for talent development. Identification of training needs and utilization of company resources to design and deliver appropriate solutions.
6. Administers compensation programs based on corporate guidelines. Periodically reviews salary surveys, analyzes compensation, monitors performance evaluation program and adapts as necessary to local needs.
7. Ensures effective communication to employees of Company-related information
8. Coaching, counseling, and influencing of business leaders in the areas of employee relations, performance management, discipline, career development, etc.
9. Responsible for supporting annual completion of the company's organization leadership review (succession / people planning).
10. Proactively monitor the work environment to identify and address trends and areas of improvement. Communicates and designs action plans to encourage and sustain employee engagement and a culture of continuous improvement, with a focus on interpretation of survey results.
11. Advises and provides assistance to supervisors and managers on identifying, evaluating, and resolving employee relations issues.
12. Support identification of training needs and utilization of company resources to design and deliver appropriate training courses.
13. Other continuous improvement projects, duties and responsibilities as delegated.
1. Must have a high level of interpersonal and organizational skills, outstanding employee relations skills, and analytic skills.
2. Ability to coach, development, and execute through others.
3. Ability to manage a large virtual team in many different time zones.
4. Experience with implementing HR Strategies in the areas of succession planning, talent reviews, performance management, reward and recognition, change management and workforce planning.
5. Demonstrated ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements.
6. Proven experience driving change and process improvements into an organization.
7. Must have the capability to manage, analyze, and present data.
8. Strong written, oral communication, and presentation skills.