1. Maximizes the value creation for ABB by supporting Division, Region and Functional Leaders and teams in implementation of their various initiatives and actions defined in Next Level Strategy 2020 primarily in following areas: R&D, Marketing&Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Project&Site Management, Value Chain Excellence, Supply Chain Management and Service;
2. Works independently to facilitate and lead business improvement projects in ABB different business units by knowing what to focus on and what to do, and identify of operational difficulties/challenges, and lead the team in the recommendation of ideas and solutions to improve the ABB operational metrics;
3. Defines potential business improvement projects by consultations with ABB internal business leaders and by executing assessments and pre-studies;
4. Support ABB global solutions by working positively and supportively with business process stakeholders throughout the ABB organization, helping to clarify objectives, and implementing appropriate actions;
5. Promote and share project pipeline solutions with other ICG team members across all ICG units to maximize best practice sharing and re-use of processes, tools and expertise knowledge to expand the Corporate Memory / Best Practice Framework. May lead Center of Excellence activity for a specific competence area within ICG organization;
6. Leads large project teams including members from BU/DIV. teams in conceptualizing the needed improvement and supports ABB business project managers in implementing the change within defined project goals, budget and time-frame;
7. Understands and plans complex business improvement projects and bring needed specialist know-how to projects utilizing different resources within ICG;
8. Provides training and coaching & mentoring for ABB project members, and act as sparring for unit leaders;
9. Guides and mentors more junior ICG colleagues;
10. Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times.
1. BS/BA Degree Engineering / Management or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. 10+ years of management consulting and/or business operations experience covering operational white collar processes in one or several of following functions; R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Project Management, Product Management, Sales, Customer Service.
3. 3+ years of experience in management position.
4. The candidate would be expected to have significant background in at least two of the following areas:
Lean Manufacturing/JIT (5S,Visual Factory, Kaizen, Kanban, TPM);Process Quality (Lean Six Sigma, 4Q, DMAIC, SPC, TQM); Theory Of Constraints; Value chain strategies & planning including S&OP/IBP and Inventory Management; Supply Chain Management & Logistics; Project&Site Management; Change Management; Lean R&D and Engineering including DFX; Marketing and Sales excellence processes, Production Control & Scheduling.
5. Master of Science and/or MBA (i.e. Operations focus) degrees;
6. Experience in white collar processes and discrete manufacturing operations;
7. Excellent influencing skills with ABB project stakeholders in all functions and in all national cultures;
8. Experience in change programs i.e. demonstrating improvement initiatives and/or culture change resulting in performance improvement;
9. Expert level analytical skills and process focus;
10. Excellent communications skills to effectively promote the successes and benefits in using ICG services;
11. Both domestic & international travel in varying amounts are part of this role (up to 75%).